Today, we’re going to kick-off the discussion by exploring:
Why is it so incredibly difficult to say sorry?
Before you read on, you might want to take a minute or two and think about what’s stopping you from making that much-needed apology to the person or people in your own life. When I started pondering this, the following things popped-up in my head as possible reasons why it’s so hard to ask for forgiveness sometimes:
Maybe it’s so hard to ask for forgiveness because it’s:
· Makes us feel like we want to throw up
· We actually don’t feel like we did anything wrong
· We’re still far too upset at the other person to say sorry
· Let THEM come to ME and say ‘sorry’ first!!
· Going to cause me to lose my power or influence in some way – they won’t respect me anymore
· Going to make me feel even more terrible about myself, if I actually admit to doing something wrong
· Too painful
Anything else? Did I miss anything out? If yes, please fill in the blank in the comments section, and we’ll come back to this when we continue our discussion in the next post.