When the three weeks comes, everyone should sit on the ground, put dust on their heads, and cry and cry, like babies.
If a person knew what the Beit HaMikdash (Temple) really was, he would cry and lament the whole night, at midnight, and not only during the days of bein hamatzarim. But almost no-one feels the lack [of the Temple]. Almost no-one feels that they need the Beit HaMikdash. Everyone has a cake at home, they have some nice food, they have drinks in the house – they don’t need the Temple...
50 years’ ago, all of Jerusalem used to get up for Chatzot. It used to be a rule that everyone respected.
PEOPLE ARE WEAK TODAY
Today, people are weak, it’s hard for them to say the Tikkun Chatzot [at midnight] every night...
The goyim (non-Jews) since that time, and right up until today have been seeking to annihilate Am Yisrael, and all the time there are more [harsh] decrees. And there’s no advice, and no wisdom that will enable us to be rescued from them, except the Tikkun Chatzot. We need the ‘roaring’ of Chatzot, as it’s written: ‘roar, He will surely roar over His dwelling place’.
The Rav then continued:
TIKKUN CHATZOT SAVES US FROM EVILDOERS
When we say the words in the Tikkun Chatzot ‘roar, He will surely roar’ that projects fear onto all of the nations of the world, onto all the evil-doers, so that they won’t then do any harm to us. There are 370,000 lions in shemayim (heaven), and those who say Tikkun Chatzot, so they wake these heavenly lions up, and then there is a such a roar in heaven that even the biggest rasha (evildoer) in the world can’t do anything.
All the evildoers start to shake from the terrible fear that they feel. Each and every roar causes another deep feeling of fear to fall on them. Every single roar shakes the evildoers to their core, so that they can’t even move a muscle from the terrible fear that they feel.
Friday morning, I woke up to a bunch of sirens plus a few helicopters that clued me in that something 'serious' had just happened in my 'hood again, right next to the Old City. As I'm sure you already know, there was a terrorist attack on the Temple Mount, focused around the Lions' Gate, which saw three Arabs from Um El Fahm, in the North of Israel, drive all the way down to heavily-fortified Jerusalem to go and fire their home-made machine guns at the Israeli Police on the Temple Mount.
Now, there's a few things about this that struck me as extremely strange.
1) These were Arabs from Israel's north, not from the West Bank, that could have gone to kill a bunch of Jews far more easily much closer to home. Afula is right there, Tiberius is right there, Zichron Yaacov is right there - why bother driving two hours down Highway 6, to get to Jerusalem to try and kill a bunch of Jews?
2) Why are these terrorists targeting the Border Police in the Old City, in any case? It's hard to think of a group of people in Israel who are MORE prepared for a terrorist to attack them, more kitted-out in bullet-proof vests, more prepared with back-up and maneuvres to get the situation under control and the terrorists killed, or 'neutralised', as fast as possible.
3) Why attack near the Lion's Gate? There are very, very few Jews there - even the hardcore Jews in the Muslim Quarter very rarely go there, or congregate there.
So what the heck is going on here?!
- If killing Jews was the aim - why try and smuggle your weapons into probably the most strictly guarded site in the country?
- If killing Jews was the aim - why only attack armed Border Police in bullet-proof vests?
- If killing Jews was the aim - why fire at the Border Police on the Temple Mount on a Friday morning, when it was packed full of Muslim worshippers and not a lot of other people?
Curiouser and curiouser.
Right now, his life force is coming from pagam habrit (sins related to personal holiness), and from saying unpleasant things, and from spiritually meaningless conversations. Right now, he’s being sustained by the force of the Sitra Achra (the side of evil), which gives a person a strength that comes from the koach hatumah (forces of spiritual impurity) via evil thoughts and spiritual blemishes.
This [force] also sustains all the terrorists, and the murderers, and the Nazis, and it causes the Shechina(Hashem’s Divine presence) to be exiled, as it’s written…
But the lions are starting to roar! More and more people are waking up, getting off evil Facebook, checking their sinat chinam at the door and really doing their darndest to bring the geula the sweet way.
And I think it may be working!
The Hava HaAharona website reported that Muslims are now avoiding the Temple Mount, because the Israeli police finally installed the same metal detectors Jews have to go through every single time they visit the Kotel.
In the meantime, my daughters' friends started sending texts to each other that: "The Temple Mount is in our hands!" - Now that the Muslims are shunning it, the Jews started flocking there in droves.
A sign of things to come?
But not quite yet, which is why God encouraged the Israeli Police to bar entry to Har Habayit to Jews at the moment, in case someone accidentally strays into the wrong place and earns some big spiritual suffering, as a result.
In the meantime, things are definitely moving.
We just need to get a few more of those 'spiritual lions' to wake up, and start roaring even louder.