In the meantime, let’s take a look at the latest twist in the tale: why did the holy Rav, Rav Eliezer Berland, agree to a plea bargain where he ‘only’ has to serve 18 months in prison, if he didn’t do anything wrong!?!?
If you’ve been following developments for a while, especially here on Emunaroma or over on the enshuvubanim English website (the website of the Rav’s own yeshiva) then you’ll already know the following:
- There is absolutely no evidence in the case - all of the initial allegations stem from a single false witness, I.N.S. and his wife, who went on Channel 2 and slandered the Rav three years’ ago. Why did they do this? One reason is that I.N.S. had just been arrested for the attempted murder of someone very close to Rav Berland. It seems that he struck some sort of ‘deal’ with the police to blacken Rav Berland’s name, in return for getting a ridiculously light sentence for his own crime, which he was later convicted of.
- The media have added and embellished everything else - there are no women, other than I.N.S.’s own wife, and even she pretended to be someone else in the Channel 2 interview. All the talk of people being ‘scared to come forward’ is a bunch of media baloney.
- The secular government, courts and police have been framing lots of influential rabbis and right-wing figures in Israel over the last 3 years - Rav Berland is just the latest in a long line.
- There is also a bunch of ‘Breslev zealots’ in Meah Shearim who have been slandering the Rav for 30 years, already - I’ll write more about them in the next post, but they’re behind the fake statement from Rav Yaacov Meir Shecter, the fake statement from the Rav’s son, and the terrible, awful falsified video ‘confession’ that really couldn’t fool anyone with even one whole, functioning brain cell.
- The Israeli government spent millions of shekels chasing the Rav all over the world, even though there was no arrest warrant or charges against him - which is why the case got thrown out of Dutch court on multiple occasions, and why the Rav was able to move around the world and cross the border into South Africa not once, but twice.
- The 80 year-old, poorly Rav has been kept in prison illegally since July 19th, despite the complete lack of evidence. The secular judges made it clear that in their opinion the Rav is ‘dangerous’ - simply because he’s a Rav with a large following. They refused to let him go to house arrest while the case was being pursued, despite the fact he’s had cardiac arrests, tumours, serious hernias and I don’t know what else. All this is NOT the norm for cases of this nature.
- The Rav recently stated publicly that he know needs to get out of prison ASAP, as his health is being seriously compromised by the situation - it’s literally a matter of pikuach Nefesh now, or saving a life.
- In the last court hearing two weeks ago, ‘Justice’ Joya Sakpa Shapira ruled that the Rav has to stay in prison until the very end of the court case - which the secular authorities have been dragging out for months’ already, without coming to trial. The intention seems clearly to have been to keep the Rav behind bars, without a trial, for as long as possible.
So now, let’s see WHY the Rav agreed to a plea bargain when he did absolutely nothing wrong.
Two weeks’ ago, when it became clear that the Israeli authorities were trying to keep the 80 year old Rav behind bars for another couple of years’ with no trial, new lawyers appeared on the scene who started arguing that the Rav’s best interests would be served by making a plea bargain that could see him out hopefully in the next 4-5 months, instead.
The secular authorities were simply not going to let the Rav come to court, and prove their corruption so publicly. There’s no evidence, no women, and there never were. THAT’S why the Rav was repeatedly freed by courts both in Israel and abroad, only to be kept locked up by the Appeals Court that is firmly in the back pocket of the Israeli Police - the same police who would be international laughing-stocks if the Rav went free.
So that’s why the Rav made the plea bargain: Better he gets out alive in 4-5 months, then he stays in trying to fight for his innocence for another two years (and the rest….)
Dear reader, Israel is not a democracy, however much it likes to pretend that it is. It’s controlled by a bunch of people who hate religious Jews, dislike any mention of God, and who are only interested in keeping up the appearance of democracy and justice.
This way, the Government gets to save face, the Rav gets a chance of being set free sooner rather than later, and the huge, enormous test of birur, or ‘clarification’ that has to happen before Moshiach reveals himself gets to ferret out even more people, particularly in the ‘frum’ camp, who will now believe they are justified in speaking the most disgusting slander and lies about the Gadol HaDor.
Man, it’s a huge test. I tremble at the number of people about to get caught up in making ‘pronouncements’ that are built on lies and emboldened by slander and hatred. But this seems to be what God wants, so the test will continue for quite some time to come.
For more background, take a look at the two interviews that were done with the new lawyer, Ephraim Dimri, who recommended that that Rav make a plea bargain with the backing of the Gedolei HaDor in Israel who really know how poisonous the so-called 'justice' system is here, and how important it was to get him out of prison ASAP.
In the next post, I’ll introduce you to the main ‘Breslev zealots’ who have been behind so much of the slander that enabled the police to keep the Rav in prison, and I’ll explain why they’ve been persecuting Rav Berland and his followers for 30 years’, already. They are still planning a whole bunch of other things against the Rav too, so forewarned is hopefully fore-armed.
Believe me, you really don’t want to end up where these people are going.