So, given that I’ve been trying to learn everything I can about the authentic JEWISH approach to celestial objects in the sky, and what it means in connection to the Jewish people, geula and Moshiach, when I saw this event with Rav Yuval Ovadia scheduled for Bnei Brak yesterday night, I decided to go.
And I dragged my (still sceptical…) husband with me, as I can get very carried away by things and I wanted his take on everything being presented before I started posting it up. We both came away mostly convinced of nearly everything (except the chemtrails stuff, which still seems a little too far-fetched) - and a little scared, if I’m honest.
So, here’s what he said, and then I’ll add in my own insights on this in a separate post, so it everyone is clear on which bit of information is coming from where.
WHAT RAV YUVAL OVADIA SAID ABOUT NIBIRU, FEB 25, 2017:
TECHNICAL DETAILS ABOUT THE OBJECT KNOWN AS NIBIRU:
- It’s a red star, which is why it doesn’t give off a lot of light and is difficult to see.
- The best time to see it is as dawn and dusk.
- It’s coming in from behind the sun, so all the footage / pictures of it show that it’s right next to the sun, at dawn / dusk time. (He had a ton of video footage of it, which he says is impossible to photoshop unless you’re going to spend millions of dollars hiring a Hollywood studio to do that.)
- It’s unclear whether it has seven actual moons, but it’s definitely accompanied by a number of objects, some of which could be big enough to be classified as moons, plus a large asteroid / meteor belt.
- NASA and the world’s governments are lying to the public about its approach - which they first flagged 30-40 years’ ago, then went very quiet about - because they don’t want to spark off a world-wide panic.
- It’s sparking off a whole bunch of extreme weather, sink holes, earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions etc - MOST OF WHICH ARE CENTRED ON THE ‘EDOMITE’ countries, as this star is coming to ‘fight’ Edom. I.e. Italy (the Vatican), Europe, Russia and America.
- It has a weird corona (not entirely sure what he said in relation to why this is so, I think it’s something to do with the other bodies that are travelling with it) that gives it the appearance of a flaming cross (!) in the Heavens, that the notzrim will believe is a sign they are being saved, when actually the opposite is happening. [He also had video footage of that weird heavenly ‘cross’ in the sky.]
- It’s massive - he said three times the mass of Jupiter. Jupiter is a gas planet, not a ‘solid’ planet, but those dimension are still pretty scary.
- It’s on a wildly unpredictable elliptical orbit (this occurs with pretty much any celestial body that is NOT orbiting the Sun as a planet, including comets.)
- It’s not going to hit the earth, but it is going to cause a number of huge occurrences via the weather, and meteor / asteroid showers.
- Meteors are small chunks of rock, like a football, asteroids can be as big as a two-story building.
- It’s also causing weird horizontal ‘rainbow clouds’ and other things to be seen in the skys [similar to the weird phenomenon I saw in the sky over Jerusalem last month]
[The hall was dark, so I couldn’t see to write everything down, so what follows is rough information, sorry.]
This star is mentioned by a number of sources and in a number of places, including:
- The Zohar, writing on Parshat Noach - which specifically talks about a star with 7 moons - and elsewhere in Parshat Teruma, Parshat Vayeira, and the Tikkunei HaZohar.
- Rabbi Sassportes - was one of the leading Rabbis 400 years’ ago at the time of the false messiah Shabtai Tzvi, who tried to unmask him as a fake by writing a book where he stated explicitly that the coming of Moshiach has to be accompanied by this particular star in the sky. R Sassportes wrote that as there were no weird heavenly phenomena going on, Shabtai Tzvi had to be a false messiah.
- Vilna Gaon - writes about the star that will be seen at the end of days in his comments on ‘Brachot, daf Noach’ - says that the power of seven stars could destroy the whole world, God forbid.
- Midrash HaGadol - has specific information about the ‘star’ at the end of days, too.
- Gemara, Masechet Brachot - talks about how God took two stars from the KIMAH constellation, and used them to bring about the Mabbul (Noah’s flood). These two stars are believed to have come from the Pleiades constellation.
- The Hebrew word for TEVA (nature) has a gematria of 76, which is the same as the gematria for one of Hashem’s names, ELOKIM. (I.e. God is just hidden behind all the natural forces in the world, and using them to accomplish His goals for humanity.)
Rav Ovadia stressed repeatedly that Jewish teshuva can affect the outcome of ‘the star’ tremendously, and that nothing is fixed. No-one really knows when it’s actually going to come close to earth, how close it’s going to come, or what it all really means for mankind.
It could wipe out most of humanity (but he stressed that Eretz Yisrael is the safest place in the world), OR it could pass by relatively ‘safely’. IT ALL DEPENDS ON JEWS MAKING TESHUVA.
Rav Ovadia said that this ‘star’ is coming to ‘fight’ with the non-Jews, and especially the notsrim, and that Jews shouldn’t make the mistake of treating it like a natural phenomenon. It’s being sent by God, it’s 100% controlled by God, and it’s accomplishing God’s aims in the world. BUT, we Jews definitely also need to work on our teshuva and emuna.
He also said that the star is SEPARATE from the war of Gog and Magog, which is a war that will take place in Jerusalem. He said no-one knows what will come first, but he’s of the opinion that the star will come close to earth first, and then the remnants of Edom will come and fight Moshiach in Jerusalem.
He also said many Jews will be against Moshiach because he’ll be telling them to dress tznius and to ditch their i-Phones etc, and they won’t want to hear that, so they will also be fighting against him and calling him a ‘fanatic’.
Rav Ovadia then played a clip which had video footage of the late Rav Eliyashiv, ztl, giving a very clear passuk that long wigs with natural hair that look ‘real’ are completely forbidden. He also included psakim from 30-40 years ago signed by almost every major Ashkenazi Gadol HaDor forbidding wigs unless:
- They are made of synthetic material
- They are no longer than the first vertebrae at the very top of the back of the neck
- They don’t have any ‘fake scalp’ attached to make them look real
Rav Ovadia stressed tznius and shmirat eynayim as the two areas that need the most work.
RAV YEHUDA YOSEFI
Also gave a short talk where he stressed the following areas of work:
- Emuna - believe God is listening to your prayers, and is running the world and behind every single thing that happens to us, big and small.
- Ditch your i-phones and up your tznius - God will give each of us personal protection, but only if we’re an ‘Am Kadosh’, holy people. If people aren’t dressing appropriately and are using i-Phones, God doesn’t listen to their prayers the same way, and they don’t get personal protection in the same way.
- Don’t talk a word about any other Jew, and avoid machloket like the plague. He made it clear that anyone who is talking negatively about their fellow Jew, or getting involved in machkloket against anyone else, but especially big rabbis, is going to be in serious trouble. If you want to make it through the footsteps of Moshiach in one piece, keep your mouth shut.
THAT’S BASICALLY IT!
He also had loads of pictures and footage of ‘horizontal rainbows’, millions of dead fish, floods, electrical storms, volcanoes etc, and said that where ‘freak’ weather events used to happen approximately 35 times a year across the world, they are now happening at the rate of 45 incidents A DAY.
But everything is in God’s hands, and can be turned around by Jewish prayer, emuna and teshuva.
However, I just need to mention here my comments / YouTube policy, which is that I won't post up any links to videos that I haven't watched myself, because I'm trying to keep this blog suitable for even the very orthodox internet user, and if I haven't watched something myself, I have no idea if it meets the criteria for things I'll post up on Emunaroma.
The corollary to this is that I don't watch a lot of Youtube videos, and I'm not planning on devoting more time to doing that. So, please carry on commenting in a useful, respectful and informative way, but WRITE YOUR POINT, don't just post up a link to a Youtube video.