Before we get into a discussion of what each of us can do, in our own lives, to finally ‘solve’ the problem of the Erev Rav,
let’s first recap the main points of what we’ve discovered so far:
- The Erev Rav and the Jewish people come from the same place spiritually, namely the ‘wasted seed’ emitted by Adam HaRishon, that was captured by the Realm of Evil.
- The Children of Israel that Moshe Rabbenu took out of Egypt were more ‘spiritually evolved’ in the rectification process than the ‘mixed multitude’, or Erev Rav.
- That process of spiritual rectification is going to continue until every last spark of the Erev Rav souls has been rescued from the Realm of Evil, which is when Moshiach and global redemption will occur.
- Today, there are NO 100% Erev Rav souls - every single Jew is an admixture of many different sparks of many different souls, including some ‘Erev Rav’ soul sparks.
- Some Jews will have more ‘Erev Rav’ soul sparks, or negative character traits to fix, and some will have less.
- Instead of talking about Erev Rav people¸ we need to switch our focus to tackling the negative Erev Rav personality traits, wherever we find them, including in ourselves.
- The Erev Rav sparks in every Jewish soul can be rectified, and the whole person can be brought back, wholeheartedly, to God.
- Quantum physics has done a number of scientific experiments involving waves and particles to show that what we believe actually creates the reality.
- Believing in the ‘point of good’ that exists inside every Jewish person – as taught in Rebbe Nachman’s lesson of Azamra - is enough to reawaken the spark of the pure Jewish soul that exists inside of every single Jew, which can eventually flip them back to God.
- Spiritually, the following things exacerbate a person’s lack of da’at (spiritual awareness) and compassion:
- Sexual immorality
- Lack of Torah observance, particularly in regard to keeping Shabbat, keeping kosher, and giving charity.
- Sadness and depression (i.e., a fundamental lack of happiness)
- Lack of emuna (i.e., atheism, weak belief in God)
- Rebbe Nachman left a number of clues and practices in his teachings about how to fix these Erev Rav soul sparks, and finally achieve Tikkun HaOlam, or the full spiritual rectification of the world. These include:
- The regular practice of hitbodedut, or personal prayer.
- Reciting the Tikkun HaKlali, or ‘General Remedy’.
- Going to Uman on Rosh Hashanah, the one time of the year when the Tzaddik can force the Realm of Evil to disgorge the ‘da’at’ and compassion it’s stolen from the Erev Rav soul sparks.